Pavlova can be such a nightmare when watching your weight, so we have made a few tweaks to allow you to enjoy an occasional treat without feeling too guilty! Just make sure you watch your portion control!
Strawberry & Passionfruit Pavlova
Serves: 12 l Prep: 15 mins l Cooking: 75 mins l 138 Calories
1g Olive Oil Spray
6 Cage Free Egg Whites (198g)
1 1/2 Cups Sugar (330g)
1/2 Teaspoons Cornflour (2g)
1 Cups Low Fat Natural Yoghurt (260g)
1 1/2 Punnets Strawberries (375g), hulled & chopped
4 Passionfruit (72g), halved
- Preheat oven to 120°C. Spray a baking tray lightly with oil. Draw a 22cm circle on a piece of non-stick baking paper and place pencil side down on baking tray.
- Put egg whites into a large, clean, dry bowl. Using electric beaters, beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating well between each addition until sugar dissolves and meringue is thick and glossy. Beat in cornflour.
- Spoon meringue mixture onto baking tray and use a spatula to spread out within the circle.
- Reduce oven temperature to 100°C and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until dry and crisp. Turn off oven and leave pavlova in oven to cool completely.
- To serve, spread yoghurt over pavlova and top with strawberries and passionfruit pulp.