There’s nothing more Aussie than a Lamington on Australia Day. These 139 calorie lamingtons are the perfect treat to share with your friends and family!
Prep: 30 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
4 Cage Free Eggs (200g)
1/2 Cups Sugar (110g)
1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste (2g)
1/2 Cups Plain Flour (75g)
1/4 Cups Cornflour (30g)
1/2 Cups Cocoa Powder (40g)
275g Icing Sugar
80g Desiccated Coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 C, lightly grease and line a 16 × 26cm (base measurement) baking tin baking paper.
- Place eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat with electric beaters until thick and creamy. Gradually add the sugar, beating until sugar has dissolved.
- Sift the flour and cornflour together. Gently fold in the sifted flour with a large metal spoon until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin, bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove, set aside to cool for 5 minutes, then remove from tin, set aside on a wire rack to cool completely. Remove paper. Trim the edges of the cake and cut into 20 even squares.
- Combine cocoa powder and 140ml boiling water in a large bowl, stir until smooth. Add icing sugar, stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Working one at a time, skewer a square of cake on a fork and hold over bowl of icing. Spoon icing over to cover, letting any excess drip off. Sprinkle lightly with coconut. Set aside on a rack over a tray, until icing has set. Repeat with remaining cake to make 20 lamingtons.