Swap-out calorie-heavy pesto for our oil-free version! Teamed with roast pumpkin and tomatoes, this lemony-basil pesto spaghetti, made with omega-rich walnuts, is winter comfort food done right.
Basil & Walnut Pesto Spaghetti with Roast Tomatoes & Pumpkin
- 100g Pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 60g Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Cups Basil Leaves (40g)
- 1 Cloves Garlic (3g), finely chopped
- 7g Walnuts
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice (10g)
- 12g Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 50g Spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place pumpkin and tomatoes in a roasting pan. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, process basil, garlic and walnuts using a handheld blender or small food processor. Add lemon juice and process until well combined. Stir in half the parmesan.
- Cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain and return to pan.
- Roughly squash tomatoes using the back of a spoon. Add tomatoes, pumpkin and pesto to spaghetti. Season with freshly ground black pepper and toss to combine.
- Place pasta in bowl and top with remaining parmesan to serve.