Mornings are ALWAYS a rush, we get it! So plan ahead and prep healthy breakfasts the night before. That way you’ve got no excuses to grab an unhealthy takeaway choice and you’ll start your day in the best way possible, every morning!
These are our favourite 5 brekky options to prep the night before:
Chia Berry Overnight Oats
Pop this in a container in the fridge the night before, and you’ll have a quick, nutritious brekkie ready to grab and go in the morning.
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 3/4 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 150g Strawberries, hulled & roughly mashed
- 1/2 Cup Low Fat Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoons Honey
- 1/4 Cup Low Fat Natural Yoghurt
- 60g Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Teaspoon Unsalted Pistachio Kernels
- Combine oats, chia seeds, strawberries, milk and honey in a bowl and stir until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide between serving bowls and top with yoghurt, blueberries and pistachios to serve.
This is the recipe of halves!
Combine ½ cup oats, ½ apple, ½ cup of water and ½ cup natural Greek yoghurt in a bowl. Cover and place in fridge overnight to soak. Then in the morning it’s as simple as topping the delicious mixture with a sprinkle of walnuts and fresh berries. YUM!
Banana Protein Pancakes
This recipe works well for brekky, as a post-workout meal or even for a healthy dessert!
See full recipe here: 4 Ingredient Banana Pancakes
Summer Roast Vegetable Frittata
- 325g Eggplant, chopped
- 1 Red Capsicum (155g), chopped
- 125g Sweet Potato, chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion (73g), cut into wedges
- 1 Teaspoons Olive Oil (5g)
- 2 Tablespoons Flat Leaf Parsley (6g), chopped
- 1g Olive Oil Spray
- 4 Cage Free Eggs (236g)
- 1/2 Cups Low Fat Milk (120g)
- 45g Bocconcini
- 20g Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 25g Rocket
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place eggplant, capsicum, sweet potato and onion onto tray. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 25 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then mix in parsley.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180°C. Spray a shallow 1.25L (5 cup) capacity ovenproof dish with oil. Spread vegetables into dish. Whisk eggs and milk together, and pour over vegetables. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Tear bocconcini into pieces and scatter over vegetable mixture along with parmesan. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until set and lightly golden.
- Serve frittata with rocket.
The trick with making smoothies the night before, is to add all the ingredients into the blender the night before, keep in the fridge overnight, and then blend in the morning when you’re ready to drink! Here are a couple of our Voome favourite combinations:
2 pitted medjool dates, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 tbs chia seeds, 1 dollop low fat natural yoghurt, 1 cup low fat milk and 1 pinch of ground cinnamon.
Banana Peanut Butter:
1 cup low fat milk, 1 banana, 1 tbs peanut butter (with no added sugar or salt) and 1/4 cup rolled oats