If you’ve had a long day or you CBF to cook, it’s so tempting to just order UberEats and throw your healthy eating out the window. The best way to combat this is to have a number of healthy frozen meals in your freezer at any one time, so you can keep on track with your lifestyle, even when time is not on your side! These are 4 free recipes from the Voome recipe library.
Baked Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Spinach & Mozzarella
Serves 1 319 Calories 15 mins Prep 25 mins Cooking
1g Olive Oil Spray
50g Wholemeal Pasta
75g Mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/4 Leek (32g), trimmed & thinly sliced
1 Cloves Garlic (3g), crushed
1/2 Cups Passata (125g)
10g Sundried Tomato, thinly sliced
25g Baby Spinach
15g Reduced Fat Mozzarella, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly spray a 2 cup (500ml) capacity ovenproof dish with oil. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms and leek, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft and lightly golden. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add passata, simmer for 2 minutes, then add pasta, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Stir until spinach has just wilted. Spoon mixture into prepared dish and sprinkle mozzarella over.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbling.
Beef, Pumpkin and Prune Tagine
Serves 2 338 Calories 20 mins Prep 120 mins Cooking
1g Olive Oil Spray
180g Lean Beef Chuck Steak, fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
1 Onion (89g), finely chopped
1 Cloves Garlic (3g), finely chopped
1 Tablespoons Tomato Paste (25g)
1 1/2 Cups Reduced Salt Beef Stock (375g)
3 Teaspoons Moroccan Seasoning (15g)
140g Pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
4 Prunes (32g)
100g Green Beans, cut in half lengthways
2 Tablespoons Rice (35g)
1/4 Cups Fresh Coriander (10g)
Chargrilled Vegetable & Ricotta Lasagne
- Spray a saucepan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, turning occasionally, for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Spray pan again and return to medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Return beef to pan. Stir in stock, seasoning and ¾ cup (180ml) water. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to very low and simmer, covered, for 1 ½ hours.
- Add pumpkin and prunes. Simmer, covered, for a further 20 minutes or until pumpkin is almost tender.
- Add beans and cook, uncovered, for a further 3-5 minutes or until beans are just tender. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Meanwhile, cook rice in a small saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Sprinkle tagine with coriander, and serve with rice.
Chicken & Broccoli Soup
Serves 2 303 Calories 10 mins Prep 5 mins Cooking
1 Teaspoons Vegetable Stock Powder (2g)
300g Broccoli, chopped
3 Shallot (18g), chopped
50g Baby Spinach
225g Grilled Lean Chicken Breast, shredded
1 Tablespoons Basil Pesto (20g)
1 Wholemeal Pita Bread (40g)
- Pour 2 ½ cups (625 ml) boiling water into a medium saucepan. Place over high heat. Add stock powder and broccoli. Cover and return to the boil. Cook for 3 minutes or until just tender. Add shallot and spinach. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Carefully blitz with a handheld blender until just smooth. Return to heat. Add chicken and pesto and season with freshly ground black pepper. Stir to heat chicken through. Serve with pita bread.
Meatballs In Tomato Sauce
Serves 6 306 Calories 20 mins Prep 70 mins Cooking
500g Lean Beef Mince
1 Red Onion (89g), finely chopped
1 Carrot (61g), grated
1 Zucchini (101g), grated
1 Teaspoons Dried Mixed Herbs (2g)
1 Pinches Chilli Flakes (1g)
3 Cloves Garlic (9g), crushed
1 X 400g cans Diced Tomato (400g)
2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste (40g)
200g Wholemeal Pasta
30g Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- Use clean hands to combine the mince, onion, carrot, zucchini, mixed herbs, chilli flakes and three-quarters of the garlic in a bowl. Roll the mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs in batches just until browned on the outside. Transfer to a plate.
- Combine the tomato, tomato paste, 185ml (3/4 cup) water and the remaining garlic in the frying pan. Simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Return the meatballs to the pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain.
- Divide the pasta, meatballs and sauce among serving dishes and sprinkle with the parmesan.